Search This Blog

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Restoration: Week 32.

This past weekend, my dad took us to dinner. I love the cheese grits at the restaurant. Oliver didn't behave well, but it was still a good visit.

We also had a nice visit from Mom and Shane. They took Oliver swimming, and Josh and I fell asleep.!

Mom had brought over dishes of chicken and vegetable pasta. She made a small dish without chicken--she's always sensitive to Josh's being a vegetarian. The next day, we had a good brunch at Cracker Barrel. Oliver ate a good bit. If we could take him to a different restaurant for every meal, he might not be such a little guy.

Mom asked who I'd play if I could play any Broadway role. I said Phantom. She didn't seem surprised. I've always identified more with Erik than Christine. I like when Mom and I exchange complex questions. I think such questions can restore or revive relationships.

I finished reading a book of poems by a poet I didn't know. I've been gathering new favorite poets lately. I read several short stories from Ursula K. Le Guin's selection. I'm picking up courage all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment