Search This Blog

Friday, August 31, 2018

Restoration: Week 34.

This past week, Josh's classes began, a week before Oliver returned to school. Oliver and I spent a lot of time together. He's rather attached to me specifically right now. Usually, he's more attached to Josh. Oliver's need for my attention is sometimes frustrating, but it's also wonderful. It restores my sense of myself as a mother.

Oliver's school had open house night. I was nervous about it, especially since Josh was at night class. But it went fine. We didn't stay long, and we got all the paperwork we needed. Being there restored my sense of being an advocate for Oliver. And though it was nearly painful, I knocked out all the paperwork that night.

We took Oliver to see his psychiatrist, who was quite impressed with Oliver's progress over the last two months. Oliver followed the doctor to his office and actually played with the toys instead of staying close to me. Oliver had also gained about 4 pounds. All that restored our sense of being worthwhile parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment