Search This Blog

Sunday, August 5, 2018

Appetites.

Appetites is an unsettling word to title a story. I imagine people having no inhibitions. But do they act on their desires and impulses or just acknowledge them, admit to them? Some form of resistance must exist. 

It makes me think of the Purge movies, which I haven't seen. 

How hard will a person work to hide his or her secret wants and needs, even if they are innocent whims? And is getting caught a relief, a release, a justice? 

I want to sleep most of the time; it soothes my mind, healing as I rest. But the boys need me awake and ready to drive and to fill out paperwork and so on. And sometimes, I can't fulfill my wishes because I don't make an effort or I have difficulty, as with reading. I try not to smother my appetite for music, movies, and musical theatre. I need to engage more. 

What do your appetites do to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment