Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2016

40 before 40.

I can't believe I'm old enough even to think about this, but let's go.
  1. Read 100 Years of Solitude.
  2. Read The Golden Notebook.
  3. Read the New Testament (if not the whole Bible)
  4. Read Dracula.
  5. Read Frankenstein.
  6. Finish the Harry Potter series.
  7. Write 100 short stories.
  8. Write a novel.
  9. Make a new poetry collection.
  10. Attempt to publish at least two books.
  11. Try a magnetic nose stud.
  12. Fill more journals than I buy.
  13. Reduce credit card debt by half or more.
  14. Reach and maintain a healthy weight.
  15. See a show on Broadway or at the West End.
  16. Visit the UK.
  17. Keep up with my library's new releases.
  18. Read all of Ann Patchett's books.
  19. Visit Ann Patchett's bookstore.
  20. Read all Oz books.
  21. Read all Wrinkle in Time books.
  22. Rent a just-right house.
  23. Attend touring shows each year.
  24. Take some kind of class.
  25. Try an unnatural hair color.
  26. Read half or more of Neil Gaiman's books.
  27. Stay at the Wilderness Lodge again.
  28. Win or place in a writing contest.
  29. Read 10 or more Pulitzer Prize-winning books.
  30. Read 5 or more books of poetry a year (50 total).
  31. Try a support group.
  32. Try Kindle publishing.
  33. See Sparkle Scribbles to 100,000 views.
  34. Read all Austen books.
  35. Read all Bronte books.
  36. Read all Jeffrey Eugenides books.
  37. Make daily use of my lovely secretary desk (from Mom and Shane) and denim chaise (for which I taught an extra summer class).
  38. Take Oliver to shows.
  39. Gain more control over anxiety, fear, and dread.
  40. Continue to sparkle, even if I'm "too old."
Some of these are difficult, but I have most of the decade ahead of me. So many of these are related to reading. It's too bad I read only 18 books in the first 6 months of my 30s! I'll make it up. I wonder if I'm asking too much of myself with all the product-based writing and attempted publishing. But I hope to get bolder. Let's see how far I can go.

http://data.whicdn.com/images/231684912/large.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment