Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2016

What I Want to Create.

I want to create collages--mixed media that can reveal some truth, general or personal. I want to focus on color, find out what a color reveals. An unfamiliar color like red, which I rarely use or wear.

I want to create stories with quirky characters and well-chosen details to reveal them. My best friend does this perfectly in regular conversation, so I try to pay attention to it. I want to create story collections, some of them intertwining. I was to create more girls and women for my character Val to love and admire in myriad ways.

I want to create a novel, but I have no vision for that yet. I can't even imagine. Maybe I'll find my old novel and strip it for parts. Other stories can bloom from those twigs. I may even have scenes I can still use.

I want to create a good, unique home with great love of books, theatre, and movies. I want to create that setting for Oliver's growing up. I want to create a supportive and open-minded environment.

I also want to recreate myself. So much has happened; I think I have to look at myself a different way and build something new. Kindness. Dedicated creativity. Fierce protection and use of my talents. Discovery of how those talents may have morphed. Pursuit of a healthy mind. An abundance of affection.

No comments:

Post a Comment