Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Where I Need to Write.

I've discussed "writing on location" before, and I will again. Right now, I'm thinking about where I need to try on-location writing. 

  • I need to write by a window during a storm, in all the sound and gray light. 
  • I need to write by the little frog pond at the botanical gardens next to the emerald stretch of lawn where Josh likes to roll.
  • I need to write at the library--every branch--at tables or in armchairs after perusing books and selecting photo-rich volumes on cokking, travel, and dance. 
  • I need write at the Cameo movie theater.
  • I need to write at Fresh Market, exploring aisles and then sitting down on the floor, describing bottle shapes and all the colors in the candy bin. 
  • I need to write at an aquarium among pink-lit jellyfish.  
  • I need to write in my mother's beautiful craft room to take in all fabrics, glitters, dolls, and half-finished projects.

I need to write places not only to describe them but also so make the place and the writing more real in my memory. Of course, writing in bed or in the bath (if you can manage) is also a great idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment