Search This Blog

Thursday, March 31, 2016

In Bright Abundance.

Bright abundance--two of my favorite words put together. I came across the phrase in one of Ann Patchett's books. It's the kind of phrase I want to roll on the roof of my mouth, tasting every syllable.

I love the sound and meaning and color. Bright seems white and silver. Abundance seems gold and warm colors, like a chocolate cashmere scarf or a rosy pink satin purse with a gold clasp.

These words leapt at me from the book, but the phrase wasn't really something to write in my quotation notebook. Still, I had to save and ponder it further. The bright makes the abundance extra magical. It reminds me of Sara Crewe's initial birthday party or of the enchantment in the attic (A Little Princess). Everything has a glow or a glitter.

I have a bright abundance of journals, books, pens, and eye makeup. I don't think I take enough note of any of them. I like that Josh searches our shelves for his next book as if he's at a bookstore. I can search for my next journal as if I'm in a stationery shop.

I also have a bright abundance of love, and I walk right into it. I want to keep these words with me and hold them up my opera glasses, so I can see bright abundance everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment