Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

How to Be Sweet to Myself.

Bruce tells me to be sweet to myself. Mama tells me to give myself some grace. I've had to keep thinking about what that can mean.
  • Don't expect every idea to work.
  • Allow some naps.
  • Take bubble baths most nights.
  • Use colors (pens, markers) that attract me right then.
  • Find fun spots to organize.
  • Read illustrated fairy tale books.
  • Make those books accessible.
  • Talk to Mom on most days.
  • Play with stickers (putting them in journals)
  • Continue to share with Bruce (stickers, illustrated books...).
  • Listen to favorite songs repeatedly.
  • Consider having friends on some level.
  • Celebrate all the reading and writing I do.
  • Read the books that call out first.
  • Keep reading--it's a necessity and a joy.
  • Don't save journals, pens, art supplies...Use them now. More joys will follow.
  • Take time to kiss.
  • Wear work clothes for fun. 
  • Watch a favorite movie alone.
  • Enjoy exploring makeup stores and getting colors an shimmers on my hands.
  • Let go of what is not relevant.
  • Listen to music while I clean.
  • Look at pretty things like cupcakes.
  • Tell the truth about how I am.
http://data.whicdn.com/images/231103192/large.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment