Search This Blog

Monday, September 4, 2017

1,000 Joys: Part 1

I'm reading One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. This is the first book I've been able to read in weeks (okay, months). It's given me new thoughts about the power of gratitude. The author, over time, made a list of 1,000 gifts in her journal. I've decided to try that too, but I'm calling my list "1,000 Joys." I don't know how long it will take me, and I'm sure I'll have repetitions. I'm going to keep the list in my journal and then share it with you. Here's Part 1:
  1. The approach of fall
  2. The blue knit hat that my mom made for me
  3. The black pen that has white ends like a magician's wand
  4. Foxberry Road and other pretty street names I pass
  5. Inks, jewel-like in glass bottles
  6. Puff tissue with lotion
  7. Red seedless grapes
  8. Our washer and dryer--miraculous!
  9. Oliver's singing the chorus of "Just Another Day" from Next to Normal
  10. Oliver's singing anything
  11. Cedar wood
  12. My big pink water bottle
  13. Pretty pouches full of pens
  14. The egret that visits our pond
  15. Turtles sunning themselves
  16. Sesame Street and muppets, which make both my boys happy
  17. Stretchy pants
  18. Sunshine naps
  19. Oliver's teacher's saying, "He had a good day!"
  20. A big cobb salad with lots of avocado
  21. Twice-baked potatoes
  22. Falling asleep right when I'm sleepy
  23. Sticky flags with book characters on them
  24. Lip gloss that sparkles
  25. My faux lavender rose in a glass Dr. Pepper bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment