Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 35.

This past week, I finished Kay's book Black Shawl. Reading her work has been a way to grieve--something I don't do very well. I began her final book, Descent. I may also read some of the anthologies that feature her work. I miss knowing she's in the world.

Bruce and I will (will!) finish The Midnight Disease this coming week. I hope I'm learning and retaining some of it.

One day this past week, I began Paris for One and Other Stories by Jojo Moyes. It looked like a nice, light read. This first story is more like a novella, but I kept still and read 70 pages at once! I struggle with focus, so this was exciting.

I've read 90 short stories (many of them quite short I'll admit) this summer--almost one for every summer day. I'm going to push for 100!

No comments:

Post a Comment