Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 44.

This past Sunday, I finished House of Light by Mary Oliver. Her poems are soothing in an Billy-Collins way yet more complex. I've now read three of her books, and I have two waiting. I love finding new (to me) poetry.

I've been trying to read five days' worth of the Bible every day, so I can catch up. Reading around Oliver isn't easy. But I got through Psalms, Proverbs, and Song of Solomon this past week. I don't know why I got so behind.

I have found myself procrastinating with some of my reading. I was so excited about getting Francesca Lia Block's book on writing, Necklace of Thorns, but it came inviting, and I haven't opened the book. Why? I also cut it close with Tiny Book Club books. I guess something, reading or otherwise, always seems more urgent. I should be past that.

I read some of Small Fictions 2016 while I waited for Oliver to fall asleep. I've really come to appreciate books on my phone. I've been reading at least one story for each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment