Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2018

What Amazes Me.

  • My mom's gardens. Wherever she is, she makes flowers bloom.
  • Stage sets and set changes. How do people make sets so astonishing yet portable?
  • CDs. I can't began to ponder how they work.
  • Red carpet gowns. I wonder what it would be like to have someone dress me, do my hair, and apply my makeup for an event like that. The last time this happened was when Mom styled me for Josh and my wedding.
  • People who can really rollerskate or iceskate.
  • My dad's work. He can talk to robots!
  • How makeup and nail polish brands keep creating new colors, finishes, and effects.
  • My mom's beautiful knitting and sewing projects.
  • The wildly orange trees in front of a nearby gas station. 
  • On stage costume quick changes. How?
  • The massive body of fairy tales, legends, and retellings. 
  • Horror movies. I'm fascinated by what kind of research and tradition must go into figuring out what scares people and why.
  • People who have trained their bodies in amazing ways (dancers, especially).
  • Sculpture. How can one carve a smooth figure out of stone?
  • Catching a glimpse of a snowflake's shape before it melts.
  • People who make objects of blown glass.
  • ER nurses who must be fried but still smile genuinely and listen.
  • People who work with children who have special needs.
  • Children who speak fluently with their parents and friends.
  • Josh's research.
  • Gorgeous lettering.
  • The way I react to the scent of Oliver's hair. Yes, he's my baby for sure.
  • The evolution of writing tools--a book on it must exist.
  • Ancient Egyptian art.
  • The survival and evolution of myths.

No comments:

Post a Comment