Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 45.

This past week, I finished Twenty Days & Nights, poems by c. b. eady. I like the impact of brief poems.

I looked at magazines--something I always mean to do but don't find time for. But the good thing (other than the soothing effect) about Oliver loving to shred paper is that it pushes me to give him my magazines...and I want to read or peruse them first. I've mainly looked at Glamour issues that Bruce brought me from the college library. I'll soon work on the two-shelves-worth of my own magazines. I love the ethereal advertisements and the bright colors, the crinkling streamers of ideas.

I began reading Winter Hours, which is actually a book of essays and prose poems in addition to regular poems. Mary Oliver said in the introduction that the contents are autobiographical, so I'm counting the book as poetry and as a memoir for my fall focus.

I've been thinking about starting a collection of The Phantom of the Opera books in various editions and with different cover art. When Josh and I went to 2nd and Charles, I saw three different covers. I'd want to display them somehow.

I've now read 55 books this year. My goal was 50, so I feel pretty bold. I like surprising myself that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment