Search This Blog

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Christmas Pajamas.

One of my favorite childhood memories is of my grandparents giving or sending me pajamas to wear on Christmas Eve. All my many cousins got pajamas. Usually, they were the same styles for the girls and for the boys. We came down the staircase as a small parade for our parents' cameras.

I remember a long white nightgown with red ribbon and matching robe. I remember blue flannel pants and a solid blue tee. We usually got something extra such as a robe, slippers, or a plush toy. I kept the pajamas until they wore out. I was sad when I was too old to get them anymore.

Some years, my mom-in-law gives me pajamas (a turquoise snowflake set), and some years, my mom does (a blush set with button-down top). But last year, I bought myself Christmas pajamas, just in case. I found an ivory thermal set with images of the Disney princesses. I already got my Christmas pajamas for this year (just in case): a gray and ink top that says If the tiara fits and fleece-lined, pale pink pants with beautiful sketches of the Disney princesses. I'm wearing them now! I keep washing them so I can wear them anytime.

Still, I hope Santa will send me some Christmas pajamas. That's a size large now, Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment