Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Restoration: Week 46.

I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping! Something about shopping for others is restorative, and it's guilt-free shopping! Everything is laid out by person on the guest bed, waiting for wrapping.

We had so much rain this past week. I should be more thankful for it--it renews.

I've had some symptoms of mania this past week. I saw my psychiatrist on Friday, and he made a few changes to my meds. I hope the changes will restore me.

I finished Best New Poets 2008. I'm so glad that I've kept the ritual of reading poetry aloud each night. It soothes me and presses me firmly into the moment.

Bruce and I finished watching season 1 of American Horror Story. We've been so excited about the show, and we have six seasons left! I love how it makes me feel glad, exuberant. 

I've been lighting candles during the day. Just watching a flame dance through the frosted glass restores me. And the wood wick candles have a comforting crackle.

No comments:

Post a Comment