Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 46.

So I've reached 56 books. I should be able to read to my extra goal of 60 books this year. The weeks are rapidly passing.

This past week, I finished Best New Poets 2008. I bought the book when it was new and only just now took the time to read it. I don't know if the series even exists anymore. But I finally read the book!

I replaced it with poet Kim Dower's Air Kissing on Mars, which, I think, it my third KD book.

I love slim volumes of poetry, but I also like anthologies with a variety of voices, most of which I'd never read otherwise. It's like a multi-vitamin for the mind and soul.

I often think poetry is soul-speak. It's a language in which I try to become fluent, and enough dialects exist to keep me learning all my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment