Search This Blog

Monday, June 4, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 22.

I finished one book this week, Mistress of All Evil, part of the Disney Villains series. I've read all four books. Apparently, a fifth book comes out in August. I liked the books well enough.

I've reached five YA books for the spring, But I want to try to finish at least one more in the next couple of weeks.

Summer will arrive soon, and I'll be wading happily through short stories. Short stories request a different kind of reading...maybe like something between a novel and a poem. I put the reading seasons in place mainly to make sure I could focus on that different kind of reading and practice it.

Bruce and I are still reading The Unreal and the Real. We're not even half way through yet! Our reviews have been mixed. I may not devote more of my reading life to Ursula K. Le Guin after I finish this book.

I've been reading the same poets, poem by poem, in the bathtub. I like the ritual. They are all female poets whose work  I've read before. Growing a relationship with those poems seems bold. It's a language I've started to learn, first to read and then, I hope, to speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment