Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Restoration: Week 23.

This past weekend, the boys and I went to Charlotte because my brother was getting baptized. I cried during the baptism, and my dad came over and held me. That was a restorative moment. And I'm happy James experienced restoration too.

I had some good talking time with Mom, which always restores me. Shane brought home a cheesecake to celebrate my upcoming birthday. We had burgers on Saturday night, and Mom had even sliced up some avocado! And Mom gave me some sweet birthday presents: a beautiful Bella Pilar journal, a lovely large mermaid pouch, antique key stickers, sparkly pencils, and a huge set of mermaid tail makeup brushes! Gifts always restore me and the relationship. I feel loved every time I use a gift.

I was happy that we were all there together for James. That felt like restoration too--a kind of family I can accept and appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment