Search This Blog

Monday, June 25, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 25.

I've continued to struggle with reading. But I did finish Kelle Groom's Luckily poems. I've read all 3 of Kelle Groom's books of poetry! I plan to read her memoir in the fall.

One of my 40 before 40 goals is to read a total of 50 books of poetry during my 30s. Just this year so far, I've read 16!

I'm starting to feel the flow of contemporary poetry again as I did when I was working on my MFA: 21-23, gobbling my way through the library's poetry section. I was learning a new language that I had only encountered before; I tried to create immersion. I'm surprised that reading all this poetry has not pushed me to write more of my own poetry. Not yet anyway.

I've been wanting to read more Shirley Jackson. Josh got The Haunting of Hill House from his school library. It's a huge yellow book covered with red tape. That library only had the book in large print! It's like reading my first "chapter book." But it's certainly grabbing my attention though nothing has really happened yet.

Bruce and I are making slow but steady progress through Le Guin's story collection.

It's officially summer! Short story time. I'd like to read a story each day of summer--90+ stories! I need to find some good flash fiction!


No comments:

Post a Comment