Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 24.

I've been struggling to read lately. I did finish Mary Oliver's American Primitive this past week. I intend to read more of her work. I'm glad I've read so much poetry so far this year. According to GoodReads, I'm still 12 books ahead of schedule for my 2018 goal. So I have some room to get better.

I began reading Just Like a Person without a Mental Illness Only More So (I think I've got that right!) as an E-book. Mom recommended it to me. I like the tone so far.

Summer is almost here! I probably won't finished another YA book before spring begins, but I did read 5, which is my goal. Now, I have several books of short stories waiting for me and my summer focus. I had some, and I bought some more with birthday money from Dad. I'm also in the middle of The Unreal and the Real, Ursula K. Le Guin's story collection, with Bruce. I think short stories are an acquired taste, but I've come to love them. And I'm seeing more and more published collections!

This week, I'll work more on being a bold reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment