Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Feeling Alive.

I have many faults. I recently realized that one of my worst faults is greed. I always want something. I'm hard to satisfy. Shopping, even just online window shopping, makes me feel alive. So I'm thinking about other ways I can feel alive.
  • Reading. This is one of the biggest. Reading is consuming. I have access to endless books among libraries and my own shelves. When I really get into reading, it's like lying on a steady float in a pool. Reading can take me to new places and redirect my thoughts.
  • Kissing my husband.
  • Flowers. I've been more sensitive to flowers lately. Hydrangea, one of my favorites, is starting to bloom. I should go the botanical gardens again or walk about the rose garden at Josh's college. 
  • Style. On part of working I miss is deciding on my outfit for the next day. I really enjoyed putting together clothes shoes, and jewelry that would help me feel good about myself. But I can still do that.
  • Bubble baths. Hot water with foam and poetry. The combination always settles me but also makes me feel alert.
  • Talking to Mom. We talk a few times a week, and we always laugh. I always feel refreshed after we talk. 
  • Favorite movies. Sometimes, I should just let a favorite movie play in the background of my day. Movies are an important part of who I am. 
  • Favorite music. I listen in the car and while I'm getting ready. I could try playing it more at home.
  • Makeup. Like style, makeup is such a great way to express myself. I can also apply makeup that guides the mood of the day. I love playing with colors and sparkles..
  • Illustrated books. Story books and art books captivate me, but I rarely take the time to sit down with one. .It can sooth and inspire me. 
  • Collections. I love collecting special objects. Books, pens, makeup, journals, stickers. Just looking through them makes me happy, and I feel a little less greedy when I see the wonderful objects I already have. I appreciate my past selves and others who stocked me up on loveliness before money got low.
  • Mail. I love getting mail. Ordering something online is a thrill--something's coming in the  mail! But that's not to only way to get good mail. I need to write more letters!
  • Dancing, especially if it's with Oliver. I try to dance with him every morning.
How do you keep your flaws in check?

No comments:

Post a Comment