Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Restoration: Week 22.

Something amazing came into our lives this past week. It has restored some of our self-respect because we don't have to rely on others nearly as much. And I, most likely, will not have to get a job and risk a relapse. The disappearance of that dreadful prospect restores some of my peace and hope. I knew that having a job at this point would be a disaster.

Josh's summer classes began this past week, and he doesn't work on Friday, so we had the whole day together. Even little bits of time alone together restore our connection.

I finished a YA book and read many poems. I've written many pink, green, and black words.

Bruce and I finished watching Picnic at Hanging Rock, which was bizarre but good. Our shows and books bind us.

I showed someone what I meant to be a great kindness, and it worked. I'm trying to restore my kindness and my compassion for others. I'm trying to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment