Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Uses for Pouches.

I love little bags--makeup, pencil, and so on. But I have a lot of them. I subscribed to ipsy, a program that mails 5 good-sized, personalized beauty samples each month plus a mini makeup bag, all for $10 a month. Some I love, and some I don't like. I want to find uses for all of them. Here are some ideas:
  • Storage for certain makeup items. I keep my major-glitter items (loose glitter, glitter roll-ons, and such) in an animated Cinderella pouch that I bought as a teenager. I don't have to dig in my main bag for my crazy glitter.
  • Storage for sticky notes. A pink and black ipsy bag holds my sticky flags (especially character flags) and other sizes of sticky notes. They don't get lost and warped in the bottom of a big bag.
  • Storage for current pens. Depending on the design of my current journal, I use certain colors of pens. I gather up all my pens in those colors. Right now, a silver, glittered pouch with mint blue lining (that was a win, ipsy!) holds pink and green pens.
  • Storage for basic pens. I have a pink suede and black lace (ipsy!) pouch dedicated to black- or blue-ink basic pens. I use black pens for lists and prompt responses in my journal, so I can find what I need easily.
  • Sensory distraction kits. One little purse my Mom crocheted for me and a purple-silver pouch she gave me hold items that can help me in a crisis: beauty, sparks for the senses, and reminders. I'll write more about these soon. I love the beautiful packaging even for a gift to myself.
  • Storage catchall for pens. Most of my pen pouches hold a weird variety of writing utensils, such as markers, gel pens, gel highlighters, and so on. If I grab a pouch, like the beautiful purple fairy pouch Mom made for me, I know I'm likely to find something I can use. 
  • Travel makeup bags. As a teenager I found silver bag with black musical notes and hot pink trim, and it now has its own foundation, powder, mascara, and lash curler. I keep it stocked, so I don't forget anything. I usually put the bag and an eyeshadow pallet into the antique blue traincase Mom gave me. 
  • Samples. Sometimes, I use pouches to sort my sample beauty items. I put pretty Papaya Art labels on the pouches, and they go in a decorative box.
  • I've not tried this yet, but I'd like to have a pouch for lip glosses. I might use them more if I could find them easily.
  • I haven't tried this either, but pouches could be a cute alternative to gift wrap. I love functional gift wrapping!
What ideas do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment