Search This Blog

Monday, January 22, 2018

A Bold Reader: New Year, Week 3.

According to the reading challenge on GoodReads, I'm on track to meet my 50-books-in-2018 goal. I finished the Newbery Award winner Roller Skates, which was charming. I've now started Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume as part of my children's lit focus for the winter. The book seems to straddle children's and young adult, but I'm counting it. I found it, very dusty, in the free bin outside 2nd and Charles.

I wanted to finish two books last week, but that didn't happen. Maybe I'll manage it this week. Last week was a little crazy with the snow and Oliver's being out of school so much.

I'm three weeks in with the Bible! And I've read poetry every day--no falling behind! I've read at least a little of each of my current books. French Women Don't Get Fat is grabbing my attention.

I began another new book: Sleeping Beauties by Stephen and Owen King. I've only read King's memoir, On Writing, so this is a new adventure for me. And it's some 700 pages long! It's a bold read. But it's drawing me in. The character list in the front is intimidating. But this is another book Bruce and I are reading together, so I have both support and accountability.

I'm so thankful that my reading is getting better. Picking up a book no longer requires more courage than I have. I'm a reader again.

No comments:

Post a Comment