Search This Blog

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Small Treats.

"One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats." Iris Murdoch

This is one of my favorite quotations. I've been thinking about small treats that require little or no money. Some I already use, but I want to be more intentional and see if Murdoch is right (I have a feeling she is).
  • Wearing lipstick--especially red and glittery
  • Trying sparkly makeup on my wrist in Sephora
  • Re-reading or completing books I loved as a child
  • Talk to Mom on the phone for a long time
  • Napping with Josh
  • TV time with Bruce
  • Getting a cherry Sprite from Sonic
  • Using a pen for the first time
  • Taking a new character's sticky flags out of a velvety pink pouch
  • Bubble baths
  • Remembering who gave me gifts
  • Reading a magazine
  • Window shopping online
  • Ordering a cheap book online...and seeing it in the mailbox
  • Watching a movie alone (surprisingly)
  • A butterscotch Life Saver
  • Flowers from the grocery store
What ideas do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment