Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Bliss Kit.

This thought came from a Darling Magazine article by Andrea Corp. I love the sound of the phrase bliss kit. So I'm thinking about what simple objects and experiences bring my bliss and how I can access that more often.
  • Fresh flowers. I love pink and white roses, miniature daffodils and miniature irises, and glittered daisies. Oliver climbs everything right now, so fresh flowers aren't really possible. Maybe I can find some faux hydrangea. 
  • Hydrangea and fuchsia. I can see the former at Bruce's apartment complex and the latter at Mom's house when the weather is ready.
  • Retellings of fairy tales. I have a few of these waiting. I've loved them since I discovered Robin McKinley and Francesca Lia Block.
  • Walking through shaded trails at the botanical gardens.
  • Bella Grace Magazine, my current favorite. It's full of inspiration and lifestyle lessons. I need to make more time to read it.
  • A sturdy journal. My current journal is falling apart because it has a glued binding (and of course, I use the journal heavily). I'll watch for sewn bindings from now on. Spiral journals can also be sturdy and easy to use.
  • Colorful pens. I like color barrels and inks. Metallics and glitters are even better. I'm delighted with any pen anywhere.
  • Beautiful quotations. I keep composition books of quotations. I need to go to them and enjoy them.
  • French lifestyle books. This is the closest I have to a guilty pleasure--I don't feel guilty! I just love reading about French approaches to fashion, beauty, home, and relationships.
  • Sharing popcorn with Bruce at the movies.
  • Brie spread.
  • Back tickets from Josh.
  • Sparkly stickers.
  • Going to the theatre.
What's in your bliss kit?

No comments:

Post a Comment