Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 31, 2018

American Girl Memories.

American Girl is a company that makes dolls fashioned for specific periods of American history. I had two of the dolls when I was growing up. Each doll had a set of seven books that detailed her adventures and matched the dolls' clothing and accessories. One book alone would be too short for me to count as a book toward my goal, but I found cheap copies of hardcover books that hold all seven stories. I'll count that toward my GoodReads goal and my children's lit focus.

Just seeing the books has been making me happy. I have Felicity, Kirsten, and Samantha story collection books. They are bringing back some of my favorite childhood memories.

Playing by myself or with friends who had the dolls too
Saving allowance for doll accessories
Making doll beds in hotel rooms when we traveled with Dad
Circling the accessories I most wanted in the catalog
Getting bunk beds for my two dolls
Creating school assignments for tiny notebooks
Samantha's vintage Valentines, which I still have
Tiny paper dolls in Samantha's valise
Poring over the catalog, which I still do (I can't imagine how AG got my address...)
Acting out my daydreams

No comments:

Post a Comment