Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Restoration: Week 3.

My reading has improved so much! I finished Roller Skates and started Judy Blume's Tiger Eyes. I've not finished two books in one week yet, but I'm able to focus and enjoy words, even though my retention is not as it used to be. I'm reading the Bible daily, and I have a varied stack of books I'm reading bit by bit. I feel it is restoring my mind.

Josh and I have had a morning and an afternoon together. Just being alone with him, at home or on errands, is a joy. We've been making each other laugh so much.

Oliver and I cuddled a lot, and he let me read a book to him! He usually prefers to recite them on his own. Whenever the living room is clean, his mission is to fill the floor with books. I guess we've passed on something good!

I sticker-decorated the journal I plan to use next, one that Josh gave me for Christmas: pink and blue marble, handmade in Italy. My current journal is falling apart, but I'm determined to finish it; I keep tape nearby.

I've been practicing something new: liquid eyeliner! I definitely need more practice. But I think it will be pretty when I get it right.

I have felt little stress or dread. That's amazing.

This week, I plan to start learning about something new: the concept of hygge. I have a manageable-looking book to start with. I want to keep reading and try to finish two books in a week. I want to keep a conversation going with my darling friend Melissa via E-mail. I need to restore my memory to take my medication.

I want to hold myself accountable for restoration. I can talk to loved ones about their words of the year too.

No comments:

Post a Comment