Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 10.

I finished two books this past week: The Cozy Life and Room. The former gave me a general idea of hygge, and I doubt I'll explore it further. I read Room on my phone, mostly on the treadmill. The perspective was impressive. Could I write as a five-year-old boy? I expected the book to be difficult, but after seeing the movie, I decided to give the book a chance. The aspect that actually bothered me most was Jack's skills. Even in captivity, he was years ahead of Oliver. That was a little heartbreaking.

I've been reading aloud poems from The Complete Book of Flower Fairies. I love reconnecting through the pictures. I loved those fairies almost like real friends when I was little. I want to honor my childhood self whenever I can.

I began another ebook: Gwendy's Button Box, a novella by Stephen King and one of his friends. I like Gwendy already.

I'm behind on Sleeping Beauties and a bit behind on the Bible. I'll catch up this week.

Books are anchoring me to Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment