Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 11.

I finished two books this past week: Underwater City, poems by Kelle Groom; and Gwendy's Cutton Box, a novella by Stephen King and a friend. I may seek out more books of Groom's poetry. And I'm finally reading Stephen King! I read On Writing many years ago, and now, Bruce and I are almost done reading Sleeping Beauties. 

I began reading Flowers in the Attic. I watched the movie because Emma Donahue (Room) mentioned the book in an interview. The book is good so far, and if I end up loving it, I can read 3 or 4 more books in the series.

I'm' back to reading Thrall, poems by Natasha Tretheway. I lost track of it at some point, so I've started over. I may finish New Southern Poets this coming week!

I'm ahead on my reading goal for the year! Amazing! It makes me happy.

My children's lit focus hasn't gone as well as I'd hoped. I read Tiger Eyes, Ozma of Oz, and Rollerskates. I plan to finish The Complete Book of Flower Fairies by Tuesday, when winter ends. Then, I'll switch to young adult lit for the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment