Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Restoration: Week 9.

This past week, I've been learning more about hygge by reading The Cozy Life. I nearly finished the book.

I have a list of items about which I'm curious; I want to read about more of those. I'd like a DK book on ancient Egypt. I want to pursue learning. Life-long learning is awesome because the learner can choose the topics. But unlike learning in school, the learner has to rely solely on self-discipline.

I finished a book on capsule wardrobes. I'm grateful to have reading restored to me.

One of the most wonderful experiences of my life occurred on Saturday. I saw The Phantom of the Opera from the front row. The fire was hot, the chandelier fell from above us (farther than I thought it would fall!), and I could see Christine's lipstick and Carlotta's eye makeup. The costumes glittered. The voices were strong. The conductor was passionate. I bought the tickets last year and felt I'd have to wait forever. I knew it was probably a once-in-a-lifetime chance. I think I was grinning or my mouth was open the whole show. I went with Bruce, who was quite excited too. It was magnificent--that's the best word I can come up with for it. My soul feels a bit mended, and the colors in my mind are brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment