Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Restoration: Week 12.

This past week, I finished four books! Now, I'm eight books ahead of schedule with my goal for the year. I also caught up with my Bible reading. Reading feels great. I also wrapped up my children's lit focus for the winter, so I'm going to start young adult books for the spring. I'd like to read at least 5 YA books this season. Bruce and I finished another book together. I wonder how many books we've read together.

I posted on Facebook to request some Stephen King horror suggestions. I got several responses. Then, my brother, James, called me. We talked about books, and it made my day.

Bruce and I started watching two new shows: Electric Dreams (based on Philip K. Dick short stories) and Lore (based on a podcast, it seems to be focused on the emergence of horror myths), and we like both! They seem likely to restore my sense of wonder or awe, and they inspire my curiosity. I don't have a TV at home, so watching TV with Bruce is extra fun.

I listened to Phantom in the car all week! I want to start a book I have that discusses the story from book to movies to the show. It's another book I should have read long ago.

The coming week is full of books and love, and I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment