Search This Blog

Friday, March 30, 2018

Stories.

I believe that stories save me. Stories can come in so many forms: books, shared recollections, therapy sessions, blog posts, E-mails, letters, funny shared memories, poems, songs, good TV shows, conversations, details of love, aspects of friendship. Some stories are tiny; some are epic. We can listen to stories, read them, tell them, share them, remember them, make them.

People often don't think of their memories as stories. But we need to honor our stories, whatever they are, and we keep each other alive by telling those stories and by making new stories together. Stories are nourishing and nurturing. They are essential. Even painful stories bring growth. The fantasy stories, like some daydreams, stretch the imagination and teach empathy.

We buy stories--movies, magazine articles, books. We trade stories with those we love. I find them I always have some little stories to tell Josh even though we've been together for 12 years, and I've talked a lot in that time.

Think about your relationship with stories. I'd love to read about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment