Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2018

Acting Like I Have a Soul.

Amy Gerstler, Best American Poetry 2010 Intro

This came from my favorite poet. It caught my attention. I believe that I have a soul, but do I act like it? What constitutes acting like I have a soul?

Now:
  • Prayer is woven through my days.
  • I'm reading the sacred text of my faith.
  • Musical theatre brings me awe and lifts my spirit.
  • Inspired reading opens my mind, heart, and soul.
  • Shared intense laughter feels like a connection of souls.
  • Making eye contact with Oliver as we dance makes me soar.
  • When I scribble, I feel closer to my essential self.
  • Reading good children's literature, especially fantasy-based, restores my wonder, and I think wonder comes from the soul.
More I could do:
  • Communing with nature--the local botanical gardens, the local rose garden, and park trails may make my soul glow.
  • Encouraging others can engage my soul.
  • Making more eye contact with loved ones can show how I feel about them, soul-deep.
  • Writing more pieces could express less familiar aspects of myself.
Do you act like you have a soul?

No comments:

Post a Comment