Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2018

Using Energy for Joy.

I've known some people who are or once were full of casual hate. They complained; fed off each other's dissatisfaction; and searched for reasons to disdain people, music, movies, and ideas. This made me feel ill.

Hate, even if it's for a CD, requires a lot of energy. It can also curtail or destroy someone else's joy. Not everyone is this way, but when I hear someone trashing, say, a movie I love, it makes me sad and uncertain. I try hard to avoid negative comments when I'm with others. If they take joy in something I don't care for, why should I steal that joy. Indulging hate, even for a movie, poisons a person.

So instead of feeding hate, I try to feed love and appreciation. Even if I wasn't crazy about a movie, I can take joy in, perhaps, the costumes. I can focus on the good qualities in a person. I can think of a good use for a gift. I can encouraging others' joy in what they love. I can find color, shine, or comfort in an object that doesn't automatically appeal to me.

I want to be ever on the lookout for people, places, and objects to love and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment