Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 12.

This has been a wild reading week! I finished four books! I'd been reading them for weeks, bit by bit; I just happened to finish them all at once! I finished Flowers in the Attic (absorbing, sad, and strange. I liked it, but I'm not sure if I'll continue with the series), The Complete Book of Flower Fairies (I should have read all the poems years--decades!--ago. This book wrapped up my children's lit focus for the winter), New Southern Poets (I wrote down names of poets to pursue), and Stephen King's Sleeping Beauties (my pick for the tiny book club that is Bruce and me. I didn't love it).

I was terribly behind on my Bible reading, so I decided not to read anything else (except on the treadmill) until I caught up. Now, I've caught up!

Next, Bruce and I are going to read George Saunders's short story collection The Tenth of December. I look forward to reading some short fiction. I'm sure I'll find plenty for summer. I also plan to catch up on my other books and perhaps to read some actual Stephen King horror. Spring has begun, so I also need to get going on some young adult lit! I'm excited about variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment