Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2018

A Bold Reader: Week 36.

Most of my reading this past week focused on poetry. I have three books of poetry by the tub, and I read at least one poem from each book while I'm taking a bath. I read extra poems this past week, and I read some aloud to Josh.

I'm still reading Kay's final book, Descent, and Charles Simic's Wedding in Hell (one of his other books is in my favorite books cabinet). I finished reading Billy Collin's Horoscope for the Dead. Collins is highly accessible and often soothing. If one is new to contemporary poetry, Collins is a good place to start.

I did not finish Midnight Disease. But Bruce didn't either. The week, however, we will triumph.

I've read 100 stories this summer! And I plan to add more before the summer ends. Maybe the churning of all those stories will turn into something eventually.

I'm also 92% of the way through my GoodReads annual challenge. My goal was to read 50 books this year. I've read 46! But I'll just keep pushing; I have my goal to reach a read total of 1,000 books by my 40th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment