Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Best Purchases.

This is a list I'm making of some of my best purchases as they come to mind.
  • Jeans that fit. This is one of my best purchases I can make. Comfortable jeans are so perfectly basic.
  • Polka dot raincoat. I bought this from The Limited some years ago. I thought I needed a grown-up raincoat. It's reversible to solid black.
  • My gray jacket with Ariel art and teal stitching. This is my favorite casual jacket.
  • Ring bath bombs. These give me such joy. I've ordered from Fragrant Jewels and from Charmed Aroma. It appeals to my little self searching for treasures.
  • Every journal I've filled. They inspired me and became my companions for weeks or months. 
  • Hard Candy Eyeshadow Quartet in Pixie. HC only exists at Walmart now, but when I was 16, HC was at Sephora. HC was my introduction to fancy makeup and unlocked so much fun and joy for me.
  • Collection of poetry. I have a variety of poetry books. Josh often shops our shelves to find poetry to read. Normally (and this is pretty new), I take books I've finished (unless they're special) to 2nd and Charles. But I keep the poetry. It's rare and glimmering.
  • Disney Princess journals. They disappear so quickly, and they are often among my favorites.
  • Pens collection: I have many pens in a variety of colors and finishes. I have some in almost every room, in a pretty mug or a pretty pouch, to remind me to write.
  • Lady in the Water, Jane Eyre (with Ruth Wilson--my favorite Jane), and Passengers. I bought these movies, and I'm glad to have the DVDs in my house.  I've almost been able to share them.
  • Most of the gifts I've given. I usually love finding and giving gifts. I always think carefully about the best gift. I don't always succeed, but I can feel good about the thought and effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment