Search This Blog

Thursday, September 20, 2018

Best Gifts.

This is a list of some of the best gifts I've received. I'll try to stick to physical objects rather than experiences--they deserve their own list.
  • My mom give me a drawing she'd made--antique frame, black hair, green eyes.
  • My dad gave me a tiny iPod Shuffle some years ago. He loaded it with a ton of the music we like. I keep it in the car and listen to it whenever a drive (which is a lot).
  • Mom and Shane gave me a beautiful white secretary desk. It was deep drawers to hold stationery, pens, notebooks, and ink. 
  • Josh often buys me a Best Johnson necklaces for our anniversaries. One of my favorites has a mermaid pedant with wild gold-brown and a green and pink tail.
  • Before I began teaching, Mom gave me some work essentials for Christmas: black heels and a black blazer.
  • When I was pregnant, Mom gave me nice maternity clothes for my birthday.
  • Bruce went to a museum in Raleigh and got me a strangely beautiful jellyfish journal. And it's Peter Pauper Press, possibly my favorite journal brand. 
  • Mom gave me a lovely Cinderella Madame Alexander doll--something I thought I'd never have.
  • Kay gave us a hanging candle holder of green beads for our wedding. 
  • My dad took me to see Sunset Boulevard and then bought me all the souvenirs I wanted. I was shocked and thrilled.
  • When I was 16, I showed Dad a beautiful purple Hard Candy eyeshadow palette, and he bought it for me!
  • Shane bought us a new washer and dryer when ours gave out.
  • Grandpa made sure I always had a Walkman and showtunes.
  • Nanna and Grandpa made sure I had good movies and TV shows (Little House!) to watch.
  • And of course, many family members and friends have donated money to help us with Oliver's treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment