Search This Blog

Thursday, September 13, 2018

When I Buy a Journal.

When I first started keeping a journal in earnest, I bought journals one at a time as I finished them. I remember Flavia journals, which no longer seem to exist. They were my favorites. At the time, I had plans to get married and go to Lipscomb. I knew we'd be poor then, so I started stockpiling journals for when I'd no longer be able to buy them. I bought them indiscriminately.

Now, I only buy really remarkable journals (of course, I always love them as gifts). I often see them at Barnes. I usually check Amazon. A special journal will reach for me, and I'll keep going back to look at it. If the pages aren't embellished, I add stickers for fun. I assign a couple of colors to match the journal with ink. Inside the back cover, I write where, when, and with whom I bought the journal or who gave it to me when. I love looking back at that; I wish I always remembered to record it!

I keep blank journals in green boxes with white polka dots under my bed. I had a dream of being able to "shop" for a journal at home; now, I can do it! I can match a mood, a color attraction, or a particular need of sturdiness or size--whatever reflects my frame of mind and my expectations for the next month or two while I fill the journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment