Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Story Snippet: Warm Water.

A couple of years ago, I was insane (maybe literally) about swimming. I sometimes went to the pool twice a day. So when Dad and Michelle got some kind of boat subscription and invited us to along, my first question was, "Can we swim?"

Oliver loved the wind. He called, "Full steam ahead!" He wore a little life vest.

Dad had said that the lake felt like bathwater. It did! We all swam. I treaded water for an hour. I remember Michelle wore an adorable swimsuit--a red one-piece with a flutter of skirt. Josh video taped Dad dropping Oliver from the boat into the lake. Oliver went under and then popped right up and swam to Michelle. Then, he swam back to the boat and climbed in with no help.

I loved all the space to move my limbs. I felt strong and free. My body and I were on the same team. Everything calmed down in my head and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment