Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Restoration: Week 36.

This past week, I finished a Billy Collins book. His poems are often simple yet profound in some way. I read a lot of other poetry too, including more of the last book of Kay's that I have. Poetry often scrubs me and hydrates me. When I finish a book of poetry, I often feel that hint of restoration.

Bruce took me to two movies this past week! We saw Searching (pretty interesting) and The Nun (pretty scary). Movies add new thoughts and images to my mind (not always good, of course), and I mull over them for a long time. Movies always seem to restore the part of my brain that want to analyze characters and empathize with them. And going to the  movies together probably restores my bond with Bruce. We've read 12 books together! I wonder how many movies we've gone to see...far more!

Josh and I got to spend some time together--always restorative. Sometimes, he's still a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment