Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Restoration: Week 38.

Bruce took me to see A Simple Favor, which was a little funny and pretty complex. I love going to the movies because they give my mind more to chew on, and it enhances a bond (or my connection to myself).

I rad about 104 stories this summer. That has restored and revived my love of stories. I've been so pleased to see more collections in print. And some part of my mind (a part I feed with stories and movies and more) has been whispering to me of lives and concepts. It's as if something has rolled me a bright marble, and my job is to find the other marbles that belong to it. Honestly, I'm scared of doing product (poems, story, essay) writing again. I don't know why.

I'm really connecting to Boy on the Bridge. It's restoring my memories of reading, in a flow state (like staying up past 10 reading a Halloween book of The Babysitters Club). I want to gobble it up (haha if you know the book's premise) and seek out other books in that world.

Because of hurricanes and storms, my little family was together for more than a week. We only lost electricity for a day, if that. It all made me think more about the basics, such as how blessed we are to have easy and seemingly endless access to water. My gratitude is restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment