Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Become What Inspires You.

I saw these words on a mermaid journal and started to think about what inspires me and how (or if) I could become them.
  • Pens. The sight of a good pen drives me to writer. I can't really become a pen, but I can write until my fingers are callous and inky. Ink can figuratively move through and from me. 
  • Journals. Of course, I see a beautiful blank book, and I want to fill its pages. I guess I can be more black and open to new experiences and delights. I can tell myself the whole truth.
  • Mermaids. Mermaids are such fascinating enchanted creatures. I can swim, enjoy water even more, make a point to sparkle every day, and write something from the perspective of a mermaid.
  • Fairies. Tiny and glimmering, fairies have been one of my favorites since I was small. They are both delicate and feisty. I can wear light clothes, make sure to welcome my wings when they arrive to lift me out of pain. And again, I'll need as much sparkle as I can find.
Of course, my list could keep going: ballerinas, Mom's crafting and ribbon embroidery, certain movies, good mail, a certain old Victoria's Secret body splash, certain writers...but this is a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment