Search This Blog

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Choosing Happily Ever After.

On the wall by my side of the bed is a collage of cards and other images. Looking at it soothes and excites me.

One item is a deep purple piece of cardstock with a beautiful dimensional gold sticker that says Happily Ever After. Above it are glitter pink letter stickers I Choose.

I love the idea though I'm not totally sure how to do it. My words of the year have helped-invest, delight, restoration.

I choose to live happily ever after with my partner. I'll protect our time together and take joy in the details of him.

I choose to live happily ever after as a mother, cuddling and dancing and paying attention, trying to be grateful no matter what.

I choose to live happily ever after as a reader and writer. I'll try to keep up this good reading season and keep scribbling.

In original fairy tales, terrible things happen, but the ending is the same--enchanted joy. My happily ever after will be more like an ongoing quest than like a destination. I'll have to find a way to choose happiness in the various aspects of my life every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment