Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Restoration: Week 6.

A small but restorative moment: I asked Oliver whom he loved, and he said, "I love Mama." His teacher had told me that he'd answered that question that way at school. I felt my dried-out heart welling up.

Josh and I went to his college to use the gym. Our gym is under renovations. I got on the treadmill and walked for 45 minutes while reading a literary suspense novel (The Perfect Girl) on my phone. I hope to restore my physical health, get closer to my goal weight, and perhaps restore or at least protect my mental health. Josh and I will go to the gym twice a week, and I'll walk with Bruce once a week. I did discover that I've lost another 5 pounds!

I finished two books this past week. I feel much more...nourished now that I am reading regularly again. It restores to me such an important part of myself. And I'm ahead on my GoodReads goal for the year.

I watched a movie called Crimson Peak. It was one of my favorite kinds of movies: psychological thriller with a bit of horror. One of my restoration goals is to watch a movie each week. I have always loved movies.

This coming week, I want to be more curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment