Search This Blog

Saturday, February 24, 2018

Scrapbooking.

I have so many lovely memories connected to scrapbooking. At first, I made cards and decorated photo albums with scrapbooking treasures. Later, I used the tools to add to my journals.

I remember the joy of wet ink pads and tiny dolls with pinafores on rubber stamps. Burst of stars, favorite words, fairies, and more were mine to put anywhere, over and over. Mom and I colored stamps with brush-tip markers.

My Nanna would take me to scrapbooking stores with walls of rubber stamps and giant rolls of stickers. I collected hearts and stars. I wish more of those stores still existed.

I cut sheets of cardstock in half and then cut the edges with patterned scissors. I added stickers and silver ink to make love letters.

Sakura's Gelly Roll pens have made me so happy since before high school. The pens come in metallic, glitter, neon, and gold and silver shades. I use them in my journals. My darling friend Melissa and I used the pens to take notes in class and to write long notes to each other. In Boone when I was an undergrad, I went to Cheap Joe's Art Stuff and bought pens from the mega display. Now, Charlotte has a Cheap Joe's, and even Michaels has a small selection of Gelly Rolls.

I used to make collages with patterned paper, magazine pictures and words, watercolors, glitter, rhinestones, paint swatches, stamps, and stickers.

I've never tired of stickers and wild inks.

No comments:

Post a Comment