Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Restoration: Week 5.

This past week, I've found small ways to practice restoration (Practice is one of my favorite words). I finished another book, so I'm up-to-date with my reading goal. With practice, I've been restoring my joy, ease, and identity as a reader.

I've been restoring and satisfying my curiosity. I've been reading about hygge and capsule wardrobes, topics that spark my interest.

I've been working on restoring my childhood interest by reading a collection of American Girl stories. I have such happy memories of reading those stories.

I'm restoring and enhancing my love of musical theatre almost every month by attending a show. This past weekend, Bruce and I saw Les Miserables. I'd seen it once before, about 20 years ago. It's another way to stay in touch with my childhood joys. I listened and sang to those songs so much.

Oliver has let me dance and cuddle with him, so we're restoring our connection. Before Les Mis began, Bruce and I looked at newborn Oliver pictures. It's good to remind myself that Oliver is still that sweet baby.

It was a good week for restoration!

No comments:

Post a Comment