Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Restoration: Week 7.

This past week, I restored some of my confidence in myself. Oliver had a field trip to a museum in another big city. I volunteered as a chaperone. The driving, parking, finding everything, and managing Oliver's stress were major challenges for me. But I got us through. I probably won't volunteer for anything like that again any time soon, but I know I can be brave if I have to be.

Poetry baths restore my connection to words, the sound and shape of them, as I read aloud.

I went to the gym with Josh at his college. I walked for an hour on the treadmill while I read The Perfect Girl e-book on my phone. We plan to use the gym twice a week in addition to my once-a-week walk with Bruce. I hope that will restore my sense of fitness and endurance.

Josh and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary this past week. I hope we can restore and renew our connection daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment