Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2019

Adult Language.

Grammar, word choice, and clichés torment me. I try to ignore them; I'm not teaching anymore. A decently-written blog post is all I can do. I was immersed in incorrect language for five years, trying to counteract the effect by reading. I try not to make the mistakes that would have driven me a little mad when I was teaching.

But I think I took on too much responsibility. I could nudge my students; I could lead by example. Ultimately, cleaning up English in general is not my job, and it is not my mission. I slowly peel away my death grip. I even loosen up with my own writing--dashes and sentence fragments appear often on my blog.

Ultimately, an adult decides how to speak and write, seeking help if necessary. I'm free of the massive load of constant proofreader and endless critic. I just have to remember that.

But I am happy to proofread and critique if someone asks me to. I can get back into that mode quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment